Inspire improvement projects
We funded nine trainee-led projects to improve trainees’ training and education, and in turn, improve patient care.
- Micro-Surgery Training at Residence (mSTAR)
Increasing accessibility to microsurgery training through tablet-based devices.
- Training professionals
Improving non-clinical training time for trainee doctors and the trainee/educational supervisor relationship.
- Barriers to Effective Discharge - Breaking the Bottleneck
Improving the discharge process and streamlining patient flow.
- The handbook
Supporting trainee doctors during the transition period from one department/rotation to another.
- Confusion app
Improving the number of cognitive assessments being carried out in hospital settings.
- Shadowing and peer mentoring - avoiding grey Wednesdays
Improving handover for new foundation doctors during rotations throughout the year.
- Move, eat, treat – how to deliver effective lifestyle advice
Equipping all foundation trainees with the ability to deliver effective lifestyle advice.
- Utilising serious games to develop the decision making skills of foundation doctors
Supporting foundation doctors' decision making using a DVD based video game.
- Dr Toolbox
Providing trainee doctors with one-stop-access to specific, local information that supports their day-to-day work and training.