Health Education England (HEE), part of the UK National Health Service (NHS), is proud to run the Consultant Psychiatrists International Pathway Programme. This programme offers Psychiatrists working at Consultant Level with relevant training and experience the remarkable opportunity to live in England and work as a Consultant Psychiatrist at one of our NHS Trusts in the West Yorkshire area.
The NHS has always benefitted from an internationally recruited workforce, and this includes the increasing numbers of Psychiatrists who trained overseas who have chosen to join us in recent years. Working within the NHS provides a great opportunity to consolidate your education and training to date, whilst developing further your core Psychiatric skills in a world-renowned health care system.
We will support you throughout this process from the initial application stage, during your relocation and transition to UK life, and throughout the time you are employed by the NHS. We have created a programme based on our comprehensive experience of supporting thousands of health care professionals to join the NHS from overseas. This will ensure that your journey is as seamless and as stress free as possible throughout your application process and, should you be successful, your relocation to England.
To join the Programme you will need to:
- have current or recent practice at Consultant level in the Psychiatry field
- hold an English Language qualification (IELTS), if English is not your first language
- have a willingness to relocate to England and join the NHS on an initial three year contract from mid-2023 onwards
- have not been previously refused a UK Visa or told you are ineligible to receive one
- have not been previously told you are ineligible to register with the UK General Medical Council (GMC)
In return, we will offer you:
- an initial three -year contract of employment (subject to securing a UK Visa) with an NHS Trust as a Consultant Psychiatrist, including a competitive starting salary, paid annual leave and access to the NHS Pension scheme
- access to free universal healthcare provided by the NHS
- a free flight to the UK, visa costs and the provision of accommodation at no cost to you, for the first three months of your time in the UK
- a structured induction course and a tailored training programme that will bring you up to speed you with the local clinical procedures and protocols of the respective NHS Trust
- a refund of the cost of your registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) once you arrive in the UK
- access to further training and involvement in research studies as appropriate
- the opportunity to experience a new and exciting culture that offers the ability to travel throughout the UK and Europe
- ongoing pastoral support for the duration of your time within the NHS
What areas of England does the Programme cover?
We are recruiting for Consultant Psychiatrists to join the 3 NHS Trusts offering Mental Health services within the West Yorkshire region. If you’ve never heard of Yorkshire, you’re in for a surprise. It covers an area of around 12,000 square kilometres and is incredibly diverse - large modern and busy cities, beautiful national parks, isolated moorland and amazing coastlines. It’s simply a great place to live and work.
The team at Welcome to Yorkshire have produced this short film – so why not start by taking a look at the region that could soon be your new home.
These 3 Trusts are:
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust is a provider of award-winning mental health, learning disabilities and community health services to a growing population across a diverse district comprising urban and rural Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven. The population is one of the most multicultural in Britain with over 100 languages. The Trust employs over 2,800 staff and our care and clinical expertise is spread over 50 sites.
This Trust is seeking Consultant Psychiatrists in the following specialist areas:
Further information about living and working in Bradford can be found in our guide to Bradford document.
Leeds York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the main provider of specialist mental health and learning disability services in Leeds. We also provide specialist services across York, the Yorkshire and Humber region, and some highly specialised national services.
Our vision is to provide outstanding mental health and learning disability services as an employer of choice. This means supporting our service users and carers, our staff and the communities we serve to live healthy and fulfilling lives where we can all achieve our personal and professional goals, and live free from stigma and discrimination.
This Trust is seeking Consultant Psychiatrists to be based in several locations in Leeds as follows:
- Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist – Low Secure (based in Leeds)
- Consultant Psychiatrist – Adult (Female inpatients) Psychiatry (based in Leeds)
- Consultant Psychiatrist – Eating Disorders (based in Leeds and/or Halifax)
South West Yorkshire NHS Foundation Trust
We exist to help people reach their potential and live well in their communities. We do this through our mental health, community, learning disability and wellbeing services across Barnsley, Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. We also provide specialist secure mental health (forensic) services for the whole of Yorkshire and Humber.
How we work is as important to us as what we do. Our values and how we behave really matter to us. Our values unite our staff – whatever they do and wherever they are based – and guide our efforts every day, with all of us in mind.
Further details about the Trust can be found in our overview.
This Trust is seeking Consultant Psychiatrists to be based in several locations as follows:
• Consultant in Community Child and Adolescent Psychiatry for Kirklees (based in Huddersfield)
• Consultant in General Adult (In-patient) Psychiatry (based in Dewsbury)
• Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry (based in Dewsbury)
We intend to conduct interviews during January and February 2023.
Interested candidates will have the option of choosing a preferred Trust to work in England. The successful candidates must be able to relocate to England from mid-2023.
To apply please complete this application form. The closing date for submission of an application form is 31st January 2023.
If you have any queries please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to the National Health Service soon!