Different parts of the system (individual organisations, STP/ICSs, NHS regions and national bodies) need to act in concert, to pull all the levers that can be pulled individually and collectively to:
- enhance existing workforce supply
- grow future workforce supply
- mitigate current and future workforce demand.
To bring this about requires that the system as a whole:
- acknowledge that actions are required throughout the health care system by national, regional, local system, and individual organisations
- empower different parts of the system to pull those levers they are best positioned to pull.
The HEE eWorkforce web based tool is an online ‘Collective Forecast Demand Template’, designed to allow individual organisations to log their current and projected establishment, at a level of granularity which correlates with ‘supply tools’ data collection. This will enable aggregation of current and projected funded workforce (‘establishment’) to STP, regional and overall national positions.
In September 2019, HEE released ‘e-Workforce’ for the recording of workforce establishment at the level of individual groups.
The eWorkforce collection is now closed.