(For guidance re Stage 1 evidence.)
- Ensure that the stage one and stage two checklists have been completed and signed by both the trainee FCP and the Roadmap Supervisor.
- The trainee FCP should have a discussion with their Roadmap Supervisor to decide if they agree readiness to seek verification.
- The verification form is a summary of the evidence in the portfolio –relating to Stage 2 - objective in nature.
- The trainee FCP will need to complete the FCP Verification Form. They should use the form to undertake a self-rating by linking a range of evidence to each capability heading (please see the example form)
- If they have enough evidence to demonstrate capability across all the headings, they can pass their portfolio to their Roadmap Supervisor for review, along with their self-ratings on the verification form.
- Throughout the verification form there should be a range of evidence - so COTs, CBDs, CEPs, CSR, Learning Log entries, MSF, PSQ, audit/QIP, tutorial record, etc. Suggestion of 3 pieces of evidence per capability heading
- The Roadmap Supervisor must review the trainee FCP self-ratings and make their own rating either agreeing or disagreeing whether there is evidence of capability across all the headings. Further evidence should be linked by the Roadmap Supervisor.
- If the Roadmap Supervisor supports a rating of capable or excellent then the final page with declarations can be completed and process for recognition with the HEE Centre completed.
- The HEE Centre will audit a percentage of FCP applications for recognition, liaising with both the FCP & the Roadmap Supervisor