Health Education England (HEE), part of the UK National Health Service (NHS), is proud to launch the newly formed International Podiatrists Programme. This programme offers newly qualified Podiatrists who have studied in Spain and completed their studies in 2019, 2020 or 2021, or will graduate in the summer of 2022 the remarkable opportunity to live in England and work as a Podiatrist at one of our NHS trusts.
The NHS has always benefitted from an internationally recruited workforce. Working within the NHS provides a great opportunity to consolidate your undergraduate education, whilst developing your core podiatry skills in a world-renowned health care system. We will support you throughout this process from the initial application stage, during your relocation and transition to UK life, and throughout the time you are employed by the NHS. We have created a programme based on our comprehensive experience of recruiting thousands of health care professionals from overseas. This will ensure that your journey is as seamless and as stress free as possible throughout your application process and, should you be successful, your relocation to England.
Podiatry in the NHS
The below video from Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust explains the role of podiatry in the NHS.
To join the Programme you will need:
- to have recently qualified as a Podiatrist from a Spanish University
- to have a willingness to relocate to England and join the NHS on an initial three year contract from mid-2022 onwards
- to have not been previously refused a UK Visa or told you are ineligible to receive one
- to ideally hold an English Language qualification (IELTS or TOEFL) at the level required by the UK Health & Care Professions Council if English is not your first language.
In return, we will offer you:
- a three-year contract of employment with potential for extension (subject to securing a UK Visa) with an NHS trust as a Podiatrist, including a competitive starting salary, 27 days per year paid leave and access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- access to free universal healthcare provided by the NHS
- a free flight to the UK, visa costs and the provision of accommodation at no cost to you, for the first three months of your time in the UK
- a structured induction that will bring you up to speed you with the local clinical procedures and protocols of the respective NHS trust
- a refund of the cost of your registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) - the governing body of UK Podiatrists, once you arrive in the UK
- the opportunity to experience a new and exciting culture that offers the ability to travel throughout the UK and Europe
- ongoing pastoral support for the duration of your time within the NHS.
What areas of England does the programme cover?
This Programme is currently recruiting Podiatrists for the Lancashire & South Cumbria, Thames Valley and South West regions. You can read more about each region and the NHS Trusts in the region who will be employing Podiatrists from this Programme below:
Lancashire & South Cumbria
You can view details regarding the trusts in Lancashire and South Cumbria currently recruiting podiatrists by viewing their region profile using this link. Or in the related documents section below.
South West England
You can view details regarding the trusts in South West England currently recruiting podiatrists by viewing their region profile using this link. Or in the related documents section below.
Thames Valley region
You can view details regarding the trusts in Thames Valley currently recruiting podiatrists by viewing their region profile using this link. Or in the related documents section below.
We closed for applications on 28th February 2022. Those candidates who submitted an application before the deadline will be contacted shortly to confirm their interview arrangements.
If you have any queries please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org