Stage 1 MSK support tools now availableDownload the support tools - good practice examples
National HEI First Contact Practice webinar on Tuesday 31 August. It is a webinar for HEIs who: already run FCP masters modules, for those who have them in development and for those thinking about developing them for MSK, paramedics, dietetics. OT and Podiatry. There will be a national update on the FCP agenda by Amanda Hensman-Crook, a national update from the Centre of Advancing practice by Richard Collier, and Supervision by Julia Taylor. Click here to register.
Please note, the Centre for Advancing Practice portal is not currently accepting ePortfolios as applications for Advanced Practice recognition or application for First Contact Practitioners.
*NEW* The MSK advanced practice standards are now out to consultation for four weeks. These are relevant to all professions who work at advanced level practice in MSK across all settings and in all sub-specialities. Please review and share
Two webinars hosted on the BDA site a) First Contact Dietitian webinar and b) An introduction to Occupational Therapists and Dietetic First Contact Practitioner roles webinar (*click BDA Primary Care webinars to find the two recordings). *all webinars linked in the drop down below
FCP Webinar 20th May and FAQ Bonus video. Accessible via the APPN website here *all webinars linked in the drop down below
RMSV courses are being run regionally, via Primary Care training hubs, please book within your region. Other regions will be happy to support if they have not reached capacity close to their published dates and can be contacted to see if they have any spaces available. Regional contacts can be found here
East of England – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 4 and Friday 10 September
- Tuesday 5 and Wednesday 6 October
- Tuesday 9 and Wednesday 10 November
- Sunday 7 and Monday 8 December
South West - available via link
- Wednesday 22 and Wednesday 29 September, 09.30 – 3.30
- Wednesday 6 and Wednesday 13 October, 09.30 – 3.30
- Wednesday 17 and Wednesday 24 November, 09.30 – 3.30
The new Centre for Advancing Practice website is now live. The brand-new site is a bespoke online space for all things advanced practice, the structure and content has been created with our stakeholders in mind to ensure ease of use and clarity of message. When creating the site, we focused on the key functions of the Centre, and on providing a one-stop-shop where advanced practitioners, employers, educators and beyond can find the information they need about our work and processes. The new platform will also help us to promote and share our stories with greater impact to shine a light on the impact of advanced practice.
The latest resource from the CSP; a new career guide for FCP. The link should be accessible for non-CSP members as well.
For FCP taught modules, placements are quality assured and allocated via your local training hub. Please contact your local hub at the time of your application. You can find your regional training hub contacts and further information here.
Primary Care New Starter Checklist: This can be useful in ensuring thorough preparation by the primary care employer prior to a FCP or advanced practitioner joining the team.
An introduction to the First Contact Practitioners and Advanced Practitioners in Primary Care dietetic roadmap webinar, Tuesday, 20 July 2021 6pm – 7.30pm. Book here.
Reflective example case studies. Two examples; the first requires improvement as it doesn't meet the threshold for master's level evidence - it includes comments at various points highlighting areas for improvement. The second case study demonstrates more in the way of complex clinical reasoning. Case studies of this kind could be useful for both advanced practitioners and FCPs who are building their portfolios of evidence. This example is from FCP MSK.
- All cohorts of national roadmap supervision and verification trainers have now been trained and are working with their regions to set dates for Roadmap supervision courses. Please contact your local training hub for details.
- Four HEIs have been awarded a tender to supply some funded places for MSK FCP masters modules. The HEIs are Sheffield, Hertfordshire, MMU and Coventry. The paramedic tendered HEIs are Bradford and UCLAN. The places will be available on a first-come-first-served basis. Please contact the HEIs directly for information.
- Supervision resources available
- Podiatrists as First Contact Practitioners - find out what podiatrists do in primary care
- Instructions of how to send and receive a PSQ on Accurx if it is installed on your clinical system. This enables sending the PSQ via SMS.
- Support tools for Stage 1 MSK and paramedics available to download - please scroll to the bottom of the page to download
- Updated Top 10 Roadmap and Supervision FAQs
- The MSK and Paramedic roadmaps are being updated to include the correct link to the personalised care modules. We apologise for the inconvenience but the modules moved site as the personalised care institute became up and running. The three modules are: share decision making, core skills, personalised care and support planning
- Public Health
- Urgent and unscheduled care
- Acute conditions
- Prevention of unplanned admissions
- Lower Limb
- Mental Health
- Vocational Support
- Weight Management
- Functional bowel disorders and Coeliac Disease
>>Two webinars hosted on the BDA site a) First Contact Dietitian webinar and b) An introduction to Occupational Therapists and Dietetic First Contact Practitioner roles webinar (*click BDA Primary Care webinars to find the two recordings).
>> FCP Webinar 20th May and FAQ Bonus video. Accessible via the APPN website here